Dancing with the Stars has revealed (most of) the cast for its celebratory 20th season, marking the ten-year anniversary of the show.
There is the usual eclectic mix, but one star is pre-ordained to win.
· Noah Galloway (former soldier, current motivation speaker) is paired with Sharna Burgess
· Robert Herjavec (star of Shark Tank) is paired with Kym Johnson, the two-time winner and fan favorite making her return after three seasons off
· Patti LaBelle (singer) is paired with Artem Chigvintsev
· Riker Lynch (singer and actor) is paired with Allison Holker, an unpopular new pro from last season making her surprising return
· Charlotte McKinney (model) is paired with Keo Motsepe
· Michael Sam (football player) is paired with former winner Peta Murgatroyd
· Willow Shields (Prim in The Hunger Games) is paired with two-time winner Mark Ballas
· Suzanne Somers (actress and author) is paired with former winner Tony Dovolani
· Redfoo (one half of LMFAO) is paired with Emma Slater
· Rumer Willis (actress) is paired with perpetual bridesmaid Val Chmerkovskiy
· Nastia Liukin (Olympic gymnast) is paired with five-time winner (and Emmy winner) Derek Hough
· Reigning champ Witney Carson will be coupled with a twelfth star, to be announced at a later date
Honestly, they needn’t bother having a season, just give the trophy to Nastia Liukin now. Her fellow 2008 Olympic gymnast, Shawn Johnson, won DWTS season 8. When she returned for the All-Star Season paired with Derek Hough, they came in second (and many felt were robbed), and Derek won an Emmy in the process. Nastia’s work ethic and flexibility, coupled with Derek’s choreography, means there is absolutely no way they do not win.
Notably absent from the list of pros competing are former winners Cheryl Burke and Karina Smirnoff. After sixteen seasons Karina will be pursuing other endeavors, including writing a book. Cheryl Burke will be doing a variety show for NBC, and this will be the first season since the very first without her. It somehow doesn’t seem right to celebrate ten years of DWTS without these ladies. However, it is awfully good to have Kym Johnson back in the fold.
Redfoo was not-so-memorably a guest judge last season, so it will be interesting to see the tables turned and him being judged. Willow Shields, at 14 years old, is by far the youngest competitor ever on DWTS. It’s going to be mighty awkward seeing her inevitable “becoming a woman” storyline.
What do you think of the new Dancing with the Stars cast? Who will you be rooting for come March 16?
Deadpool 2 arrives at the perfect time, an antidote to the jam-packed superhero onslaught that was Avengers Infinity War.
The Flash‘s season 4 finale revealed the identity of the Mystery Girl who has been popping up since the WestAllen wedding.
At the very least, it shows supportive parents
13 Reasons Why season 2 delves into more difficult topics with imperfect storytelling, but it finds strength in many of its characters.
They're lovers, there's no other explanation.
Need a break from all the drama? Netflix is currently streaming plenty of reality shows that will make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
The fourth and final season of 12 Monkeys begins on June 15 and I’m here to tell you that you need to watch it. Just take my word for it. I’ll explain why in a sec.
With the death of Quentin Lance, Sara and Earth-2 Laurel are left fatherless (and without any present family), so a relationship between these two needs to be explored as their lives progress.
The highly anticipated big screen adaptation of Angie Thomas’ The Hate U Give finally has a release date!
Emmy Laybourne’s YA fantasy Berserker is getting a sequel, and we have an exclusive look at the cover right here!
Recent Podcast Episodes
Join ReWatchable as we get closer to the end with our discussion of Angel 5×17, “Underneath,” and 5×18, “Origins.”
- Resistance Radio
Mikey, Ben and Eric are back with all the latest Star Wars and Solo news! We also dive into characters who have had multiple actors/actress portray them.
Hype Podcast 187 breaks down the TV cancellations and un-cancellations: Brooklyn 99, The Expanse, Lucifer and Timeless among them!
Join ReWatchable as we discuss Angel 5×15, “A Hole in the World,” and Angel 5×16 “Shells.”