It’s a long holiday weekend, so sit back, relax, turn on Netflix and watch some other cute couples chill. Here are twelve of the best romantic comedies streaming on Netflix in 2016 that will give you the warm fuzzies and make you believe in love…
‘The Princess Bride’
Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, True Love, miracles… what more could you ask for from a rom-com?
99% of the time, falling in love with your step-brother is gross. The other 1%, your name is Alicia Silverstone.
The movie that launched Reese Witherspoon to superstardom is jam-packed with girl power, and of course Elle’s lawyer love interest is perfectly adorkable, too.
Known to American audiences as the lovable narcissist Rogelio De La Vega, Jaime Camil is equally charming as a single-dad and mariachi singer struggling to provide for his young daughter.
’13 Going on 30′
When Jennifer Garner cries, we all cry, but after breaking your heart, this feel-good rom-com stitches it back together again, reminding us that nothing feels quite as sweet as falling in love with your best friend.
The singing is better than ever, and the live audience is electric, but in the end it’s Vanessa Hudgens who steals the show as Rizzo, in the role she was born to play. Also, props to trying to give an old-fashioned show the feminist spin by making the ending about Danny’s growth as much as Sandy’s change: “I don’t want to be the same thing all the time— it’s boring!”
‘The Prince and Me’
When a Danish prince shows up in America ready to live up the spring break lifestyle, his playboy persona gets thrown for a loop as he falls in love with a pre-med student.
‘Not Another Happy Ending’
Karen Gillian stars as a cute-as-a-button Scottish writer who gets writer’s block when she’s too happy. Good thing her dashing editor’s on the prowl to make her miserable!
What’s a princess to do when she steals away a single night of freedom? Take Gregory Peck for a stroll through Italy, of course.
‘The Little Rascals’
Has there ever been a True Love more pure than that of Alfalfa and his darling little Darla?
‘One Small Hitch’
An indie you’ve probably never heard of, One Small Hitch is a gem of a romantic comedy. When altruistic reasons lead them to pretend to be engaged, lifelong friends put on a show for their families… but are they accidentally falling in love in the process?
Okay, so this musically-inspired movie doesn’t one-hundred percent count as either a romance or a comedy, BUT it is delightful, and if you’re in the rom-com mood, this flick will definitely hit the spot. Starring Keira Knightley’s surprisingly beautiful voice with supporting roles featuring half of the coaches on The Voice and everyone from a pre-Carpool Karaoke James Corden to a pre-popstar Hailee Steinfeld, this is a film about learning to love yourself. No, you don’t need anybody else.
In your opinion, what are the best romantic comedies on Netflix?
It’s here. It’s now. Avengers: Endgame will be in cinemas today, and to round out our tribute to the original six Avengers, we’re getting ready to farewell our fearless leader by reflecting on five crucial Captain America scenes in the MCU.
With Avengers: Endgame a little over a day away, we’re counting down the top five best Iron Man moments in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Avengers: Endgame draws near and the original six are gearing up for one final showdown (and this time Thor’s invited!). Before they do, we’re counting down the top five Thor scenes in the MCU, so far.
As we get closer to the theatrical premiere of Avengers: Endgame, we thought it was only fitting to honor the original six by sharing our favorite moments. Let’s kick things off with Hawkeye.
Before everyone’s fate is decided in Avengers: Endgame, we’re counting down the top five Hulk scenes in the MCU, so far.
Ahead of Avengers: Endgame, we’re counting down the top five best Black Widow moments in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (thus far).
Love letter, dirge, tender farewell — Avengers: Endgame is here. Can it live up to the unsurpassed hype? (This review is spoiler-free.)
Avengers: Endgame arrives in theaters this weekend, boasting a 181 minute run time. Here’s why we hope the Avengers can help make three hour movies cool again.
Polly. Annie. Elizabeth. Catherine. Mary Jane. Though these women have been unjustly forgotten by history, Hallie Rubenhold’s The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper gives them back their voices and reminds us all of their value.