Some big news came out of the DC Executive Producers panel at the Television Critics Association press tour, including a musical crossover for Supergirl and The Flash.
Let’s break down the news by series:
- Season 5 will be the last year of flashbacks.
- Arrow will be going Rocky IV as Dolph Lundgren will be appearing in the Russia flashbacks as a villain.
- Vigilante, who was cast earlier this summer, will debut in season 5, episode 7.
Arrow season 5 premieres Wednesday, October 5 at 8:00 p.m. ET on The CW.
- The Flash will have a musical crossover with Supergirl in the back half of the season. This will be a separate crossover from the four-series crossover that has already been teased.
- The other speedster we saw in the season 3 trailer is Savitar.
- Though Flashpoint will only last a couple of episodes, effects will also be seen on Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow.
- Kevin Smith will be returning to direct another episode of The Flash this season. He directed “The Runaway Dinosaur” in season 2.
The Flash season 3 premieres Tuesday, October 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET on The CW.
- Chris Wood will be playing the figure in the pod from the season 1 finale, and that will be Mon El.
- We’ll also be getting Miss Martian (aka M’gann M’orzz): Sharon Leal will play her.
- Kevin Smith will also be directing an episode of Supergirl this season.
Supergirl season 2 premieres Monday, October 10 at 8:00 p.m. ET on The CW.
‘Legends of Tomorrow’
- Lance Henriksen has been cast as Obsidian, another JSA member. He will debut in season 2, episode 5.
- Check out the first look of Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Vixen (grandmother of Mari McCabe) below.
Legends of Tomorrow premieres Thursday, October 13 at 8:00 p.m. ET on The CW.
- It was teased that an established, “significant” character on one of the four shows will be coming out and exploring his or her sexuality this season. (Winn, anyone?)
- There is no truth to the rumors that the producers have been trying to get Batman or Batwoman for any of the CW series.
- The four-show crossover will begin with a “piece” of the story on Supergirl before really kicking into gear the next night on The Flash.
- There has been a distinct effort to hire a diverse group of directors for the DC shows.
Are you looking forward to the new seasons of ‘Arrow,’ ‘The Flash,’ ‘Supergirl’ and ‘Legends of Tomorrow’?
Big Brother is finally here. There’s a long summer ahead full of betrayal and backstabbing and I can’t wait to see these houseguests start playing the game.
Hypable spoke with Joe Tracz, the patron saint of book adaptations, all about his work on Be More Chill, The Lightning Thief Musical, and Netflix’s A Series of Unfortunate Events.
I went to the Spice Girls’ final show at Wembley Stadium, and they’re better than they’ve ever been.
Elizabeth Henstridge explains the mind-bending experience of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 6×06, meeting her miniature, and what she’ll keep from Id Jemma.
Sometimes I think Madeline and Ed are peanut butter and jelly on Big Little Lies, but then they fight and it’s clear they have an oil and water thing going on, too.
Euphoria is a dizzying, spellbinding journey with nothing off-limits. Zendaya leads the charge, but the rest of the cast is not far behind.
With Toy Story 4 hitting theaters, we’ve updated our definitive ranking of all 21 Pixar films.
Drama clubs get super with new plays about Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, and a few very famous Asgardians.