What were the most popular books of 2017? No one knows better than Amazon, a massive seller of them.
Amazon’s Most Read Books of 2017 lists consist of reading data from Kindles and Audible (who sell audiobooks). On the fiction side, a few Harry Potters and one Game of Thrones take up half the list. In the #1 spot is The Handmaid’s Tale, the book that inspired Hulu’s massively popular (and award-winning) TV drama of the same name.
On the non-fiction side there are a few true stories and a couple of self-help books, with The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck sitting at #1.
Most popular fiction books of 2017
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- It by Stephen King
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by you know who
- A Game of Thrones by you know
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by you know her
- Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by guess who
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- Origin by Dan Brown
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by come on, you know
Most popular non-fiction books of 2017
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance
- Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari
- Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins
- How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Al Franken, Giant of the Senate by Al Franken
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- I Can’t Make This Up by Kevin Hart
You can visit this page on Amazon to drill down by state and check out other fun categories.