The British Academy of Film and Television Arts TV Craft awards have just finished, and Sherlock bagged all three of the awards it was nominated for! We have the full list of winners!
The awards ceremony celebrates the amazing work of dedicated talent behind the cameras of the best of British drama. Sherlock co-creator Steven Moffat won the Writing award for his “A Scandal In Belgravia” script. The show also won the BAFTAs for Editing and Sound. It wasn’t all good news for our British fandoms though, as Doctor Who, Downton Abbey and Misfits all missed out despite each receiving nominations.
View the full list of winners below:
- Special Award – Aidan Farrell
- Break-Through Talent Kwadjo Dajan (co-producer), Appropriate Adult
- Costume Design – Charlotte Walter, Birdsong
- Digital Creativity – Live From The Clinic
- Director: Factual – David Clews, Educating Essex
- Director: Fiction – Hugo Blick, The Shadow Line
- Director: Multi-Camera – Phil Heyes, The X Factor Final
- Editing: Factual – Editing Team – Frozen Planet
- Editing: Fiction – Charlie Phillips, Sherlock (“A Scandal In Belgravia”)
- Entertainment Craft Team – The Cube
- Make Up & Hair Design – Jacqueline Fowler, The Crimson Petal And The White
- Original Music – Brian Eno, Top Boy
- Photography: Factual – Camera Team, Frozen Planet (“To The Ends Of The Earth”)
- Photography & Lighting: Fiction – Florian Hoffmeister, Great Expectations
- Production Design – David Roger, Great Expectations
- Sound: Factual – Frozen Planet (“To The Ends Of The Earth”)
- Sound: Fiction – Sherlock (“A Scandal In Belgravia”)
- Visual Effects – BlueBolt, Great Expectations
- Writer – Steven Moffat, Sherlock (“A Scandal In Belgravia”)
What do you make of the list of winners? Are you proud of Sherlock? Are you disappointed that Downton Abbey, Doctor Who and Misfits were snubbed?