Pottermore’s first ever Harry Potter Book Club officially kicks off this Friday. You can now register and learn more about how the club’ll work.
Timed with the 20th anniversary of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone being published (June 26!), the new club will be a way for fans around the globe to read and chat simultaneously about the complete series. Naturally, if anyone’s going to be able to pull of a giant re-reading, it’s Pottermore.
The website “will host curated content specific to each book on site,” according to a press release. A Twitter conversation about each topic will also be posed on Twitter each Friday at 4 p.m. BST (11 a.m. ET).
Here’s a look at the first few topics for Philosopher’s Stone:
- Week 1: Welcome to the Wizarding World Book Club: How did you discover the Harry Potter stories?
- Week 2: Magic and the Muggle World: Is the wizarding world as well-hidden as it likes to believe? Why are the Dursleys so afraid of magic?
- Week 3: First Impressions: What are Harry and Draco’s similarities? What first makes Harry believe he is a wizard?
- Week 4: Education: Is rebellion a good or bad thing at Hogwarts? Who learns the most from the troll in the dungeon incident?
- Week 5: Friendship: Which friend has shown Harry the most loyalty so far? Do you agree with Hermione’s belief that friendship and bravery are more important than books and cleverness?
We still don’t know if J.K. Rowling will be participating in these conversations. We know she loves using Twitter, so one must hope she’ll jump into the book club chats from time to time.
You can register for the book club now over on Pottermore. A new book club section will “include specially curated articles, video and other content available first for members.”