Vampire Hype is back to discuss The Vampire Diaries episode 4×05 “The Killer”! Elena killed Connor, Jeremy became a Hunter, April is the key to the whole series (no really)… so much to discuss. We brought in Tariq’s Sorkin Series co-host Kristen for this week’s episode, and had a great discussion which we hope you all enjoy.
– Kristen’s Vampire Hype audition
– So. The diaries are back…
– What is Shane up to? Why does he need Bonnie?
– Are the Hunters really evil?
– If David Alpay read the Vampire Diaries audiobooks, we’d be all about them
– Jeremy’s a Hunter now. Called it! We’re on a roll
– Will Bonnie be able to see the Hunter tattoos?
– We want a female Hunter (read: Slayer)
– Five original siblings, five Hunters – coincidence?!
– Surprise! Sonya joins the discussion
– Connor said that April has “everything” to do with this, and she vaguely remembers him, why?
– Listener theory: is April the key to the cure?
– It ended up being Elena who killed Connor. Badass moment! But is she overreacting?
– Damon/Stefan scene: Damon calls out Stefan on not being able to love Elena as a vampire (we called that too!), and says that he’ll help him, but Damon is “fine with her either way”
– Stelena shippers, are you shaking in your boots?
– It’s time for Kristen’s Big Bang Theory reference of the w…wait, what?
-Would Elena turn human only to turn into a vampire again?
– Caroline/Tyler/Hayley: “Yeah, I don’t do teen drama,” Hayley says, and we snigger about The Secret Circle
– Is Tyler telling the truth?
– Promo Katherine: real or not real?
– Stefan is losing control
– Listener feedback: We discuss theories about Elena sacrificing the cure for someone else and Damon turning human, and defend our love for Rebekah.
Follow us on Twitter @VampireHype for news and information about the podcast and all the vampire fandoms on Hypable!
What did you think about this week’s episode of The Vampire Diaries? Share your thoughts in the comments.
This episode's hosts: Selina Wilken, Sonya Faria, Tariq Herzallah, Kristen Kranz
Hypable encourages the community to use our Comments feature to hold thoughtful, polite, and critical discussions. We do NOT tolerate inappropriate, rude, or downright mean discussion towards the news story's subject matter or towards other Hypable users. We reserve the right to delete or ban comments and users who violate these guidelines.