Vampire Hype makes a proud return after our last episode, where we made a random prediction about The Vampire Diaries which turned out to be completely accurate! In this episode Selina and Sonya discuss the events of 4×04 “The Five,” including the show’s surprising (or… maybe not so surprising) revelation that vampires can turn back into humans, Professor Shane’s first appearance, and the awesome Rebekah flashback.
- Selina gloats. Sonya is unimpressed.
- Why we don’t like Bonnie: explained!
- Damon’s dorky dancing
- Stefan and Elena need each other, but is it for the wrong reasons?
- Professor Shane. Or more like Professor Shame, partying with the students, whaaat!
- The Shane/Connor mystery: it can all be explained using Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Shane/Bonnie romance y/y? And where the hell is Jamie?
- Will Shane lead Bonnie to the dark side? We hope not. Morgana does it better
- Oh hey look, it’s a Talks of Camelot podcast plug!
- Should the flashbacks have been more Rebekah-centric?
- Why did Rebekah’s hunter love not try to cure her instead of using the dagger?
- Rebekah and the other vampires are stuck in self-destructive cycles they can’t escape
- Klaus’ feelings for Rebekah did change forever in that flashback though
- Stefan’s betrayal: is it the beginning of his descent into Ripper-mode?
- Stefan is doing it all for Elena, but is that selfish?
- We discuss whether or not Elena and Stefan would last as a human couple
- We take a short break to appreciate the fact that Stefan actually made a joke in this episode
- The cure for vampirism: yay or nay?
- We’re both skeptical, mainly because of the all too convenient timing of the reveal, and that it feels too much like an easy undo
- We clear up the ratio of American human years to Danish human years (…okay, it’s the same)
- This week, Selina’s Buffy reference is actually an Angel reference, and it’s really more like a rant
- Would the cure have been better kept for a season finale reveal?
- The Big Question: WILL Elena actually turn back into a human?
- Brilliant listener theory: what if the cure can only be used once? And maybe they won’t use it on Elena
- Jeremy is so taking Connor’s place as a vampire hunter! But why is he still wearing his ring?
- Did Klaus orchestrate Connor’s escape?
- When will Rebekah be undaggered already?!
- Elijah! …We have absolutely nothing to say about him.
- Listener feedback: Yay our predictions, a note on Elena’s rage, and an appeal for Tariq
- We discuss Stelena vs Delena a little bit more because we just can’t help it
We also want to bring your attention to Hypable’s BattleShips tournament! Delena has made it to the next round and is gonna battle Castle/Beckett, and we’re scared! Start gathering forces, it’s gonna be a tough battle!
Follow us on Twitter @VampireHype, and let us know in the comments what you thought of this week’s episode of The Vampire Diaries, and of the things we discussed!
This episode's hosts: Selina Wilken, Sonya Faria