Our show is dedicated to in-depth discussion about the Doctor Who universe: show and cast commentary, filming locations, rumors, tie-in video games/other products, spin-off series and more.
Don’t worry if you are trying to stay spoiler free for the upcoming series. We even have a specially marked spoiler section with a little help from River Song herself so listeners can skip around that information if they wish.
Three of our hosts from around the globe are back on this episode which was a bit of a fun romp that was a homage to the movie Snakes on a Plane. Hypable’s regular Doctor Who writers, Laura Byrne-Cristiano and Harri Sargeant, lead the discussion with Natalie Fisher joining in.
– We start out with our instantaneous, gut reactions to the episode and it’s a mixed bag for us. We all generally enjoyed the episode, but not all of us were 100% satisfied with the writing of the lesser characters
– Next we proceed with discussing our favorite quotes from the episode
-After a brief plot summary we proceed with an in-depth discussion of
- Our favorite dinosaurs
- This week’s main guest star, Mark Williams as Rory’s dad, how he compare to other parental figures in the series, and what we thought of the father/son relationship
- How do Queen Nefertiti and Ridell rank among our historic figures?
- David Bradley, also a Harry Potter alum plays the villain, just how evil is he and were the Doctor’s actions towards him justified?
- Harri and Natalie help American fans understand the in-jokes behind the robots
- Recap on Silurians and where have we seen this race before
- Amy and Rory weaning off the doctor
In our spoiler section we talk a bit about how Silurian information may tie into potential spoilers
Back from our spoiler section we dive into our mail bag with Oswin Oswald speculation and how do those nanogenes work exactly? Lastly, we cover some instant reactions to the episode.
As we say in the show, our listeners are the most important thing to us. We want you hear from you. What do you want us to discuss?
You can also catch our hosts on Twitter: