Glee Chat is back after a short hiatus! This week, Natalie, John and Mitch cover the last two episodes of Oxygen’s The Glee Project, along with the latest Glee news!
- John explains why there wasn’t a Glee Chat episode last week-he was in a pretty harsh weather system!
- We begin to talk about The Glee Project 2×04 “Sexuality”, with guest mentor Naya Rivera.
- Naya made a really odd choice for her winner during the cast’s performance of “I Wanna Sex You Up”. Was Charlie’s beat-boxing really all that sexy?
- Charlie was making googly eyes at Aylin during his studio session, which really upset the mentors.
- John was a big fan of the music video for the mashup “Milkshake/Moves Like Jagger”, but Mitch thought it was edited really oddly. What was with that character breaking ending, anyway?
- Doing a full 360, Charlie ends up in the bottom three, along with Michael, who had trouble in the studio remembering his lines, and the ever struggling Tyler.
- Tyler was eliminated, brining an end to his troublesome run.
- We then delve into episode 2×05 “Adaptability”, where the guest mentor is Kevin McHale, who plays Artie on Glee.
- Aylin is dubbed winner for this week’s group performance of “You Outta Know”. Oh yeah, and did we mention that everyone had to perform this difficult song all on their own?
- The music video for this week is Jessie J’s “Pricetag”. We’re surprised that some of the contestants hadn’t ever heard of this song!
- The music video was perhaps one of the last that would feel like an ensemble piece, according to Mitch’s predictions.
- The bottom three featured duets this week, with Nellie and Blake on and impressive “Waiting for a Girl Like You”, Ali and Abraham on an odd “Last Friday Night”, and Mario and Charlie singing a bromance-ful “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down on Me”.
- Although duets were performed in the bottom three, only one person this week was eliminated: Mario. Mitch comments on how he seemed to accept his fate with much more ease this episode.
- John announces that he will be at the San Diego Comic Con ’12, along with Hypable co-founder Andrew Sims! We discuss briefly how the list of people involved with Glee seems to change depending on which source is referenced.
- We’ve seen some great entries in our Klaine Christmas deleted scene contest! Results will soon follow!
- News covers a new character named Cheryl Cole for season 4 of Glee, a book coming out by Glee’s Jenna Ushkowitz, and American Idol contestant Jessica Sanchez being in talks of joining Glee season 4 as a guest star.
- Natalie and Mitch reference a popular “Avatar: The Last Airbender” meme in context with a story about how all of the original Glee cast members will be on Season 4. Source
- Hypable is holding a contest for you to potentially win a signed, advanced copy of Chris Colfer’s book “The Land of Stories”, along with a special tote bag! Listen in for more details!
Looking to advertise on Glee Chat or Hypable.com? E-mail Glee Chat host John Thrasher at firstname.lastname@example.org.Questions or comments about Glee or Glee Chat? Leave them as a comment below this post and we may answer/read them on our next episode!
This episode's hosts: John Thrasher, Natalie Fisher, and Mitchel Clow