We are back with our third episode of WhoHype. The show is dedicated to in-depth discussion about the Doctor Who universe: show and cast commentary, filming locations, rumors, tie-in video games/other products, spin-off series and more.
Don’t worry if you are trying to stay spoiler free for the upcoming series. We even have a specially marked spoiler section with a little help from River Song herself so listeners can skip around that information if they wish.
The four hosts of the show are from around the globe: the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia. Hypable’s regular Doctor Who writers, Laura Byrne-Cristiano and Harri Sargeant, lead the discussion with two additional Doctor Who fans from the staff joining us: Jennifer Lamoureux and Natalie Fisher.
- During the intros this week, Harri decides Laura is Sally Sparrow, and Natalie and Jen can’t say anything. Find out why.
- We proceed with an in-depth discussion of:
- Bill Nighy turning down the role of the Doctor
- First official photos of the Doctor and the new Companion
- Showrunner Steven Moffat’s new monster
- No, that’s not the TARDIS you hear landing, it’s the fan in Harri’s computer. He’s so dedicated to the podcast he risked overheating it to record.
- Should all the former Doctors be in the 50th anniversary show, how would that work?
- Pro’s and con’s of a female Doctor
- Our spoilers cover the new companion, aliens making a comeback, filming locations
- Back from our spoilery discussion we leap into our mailbag, and answer questions from our listeners:
- Which classic Companions do we think are the best for newbies to watch
- How should newbies approach watching classic Doctor Who
As we say in the show, our listeners are the most important thing to us. We want you hear from you. What do you want us to discuss?
You can also catch our hosts on Twitter:
This episode's hosts: Harri, Laura, Natalie, Jen