We’re back this week with our rewatch episode for season 1, episode 7 “The Gates of Avalon”! Check out the show notes below to see what you can expect out of this episode!
– We kick off the show by catching you up on all the latest Merlin news!
– The hosts discuss Syfy pushing the final five episodes of Merlin back in the UK
– New casting ventures for Merlin alumni are discussed– Selina and Pam are excited about one bit of casting news in particular
– The Merlin feels– we STILL have them!
Is Morgana turning evil really all Gaius’ fault?
– Merlin gets punished in this episode repeatedly for covering for Arthur– how would the episode and the Merlin/Arthur dynamic have been different if Uther’s punishment had been harsher for Merlin?
– The tragedy of the Morgana/Gwen friendship
– Should Morgana have confronted Sophia about her plans or would it have been better for Morgana to have found a sneakier way to stop her from trying to kill Arthur?
– Jess schools the rest of us about the difference between the Isle of the Blessed and Avalon
– The difference between the Uther/Morgana dynamic and the Uther/Arthur dynamic is discussed
– What’s the one scene we would have liked to have seen added into this episode? Listen and find out!
– We debut our new project: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Dolma! (no, not really but just imagine the possibilities!)
– We wrap up the show with a wonderful comment about Arthur’s good judge of character from one of our listeners!
Don’t forget to leave us any comments you have on our show in the comments below! We’ll be reading your thoughts on next week’s episode!
You can also alternatively tweet us any thoughts, theories or questions related to Merlin or our show that you might have on Twitter @TalksCamelot.
Did you know Talks of Camelot has a Tumblr? Be sure to follow us on there for TONS of fun Merlin themed stuff including our Question of the Week!
This episode's hosts: Pamela Gocobachi, Jessica Chapman, Patricia Spence, Selina Wilken
Hypable encourages the community to use our Comments feature to hold thoughtful, polite, and critical discussions. We do NOT tolerate inappropriate, rude, or downright mean discussion towards the news story's subject matter or towards other Hypable users. We reserve the right to delete or ban comments and users who violate these guidelines.