Back right off of the heels of Monday’s penultimate season 1 episode, Smash Chat 16 has arrived! This episode was a recorded skype call, as opposed to editing separate files-although there shouldn’t be too much of a difference!
-Glee Chat host John Thrasher makes his Smash Chat debut! He remarks how odd it is to take a back seat while Jess takes the reigns.
-The recap includes many a-topics, including:
- The awesome musical number Meg and Kat performed, titled “Smash”.
- Mitch’s multiple references to “Avenue Q” continue
- John makes a cool comparison between Eileen and Dumbledore from Harry Potter
- We all relate how dumb it was for Karen to not notice that anything was wrong with Dev
- Whodunnit? Who was the one that poisoned Rebecca’s precious smoothie?
- We suggest that Sneaky Bastard must have been hiding in the Julia/Michael almost kiss scene. Think: “Where’s Waldo?”
- Mitch and John bounce back and forth off each other about comparisons between Glee and Smash’s songs
- We all come to the conclusion that it’s stressful to have to read text on screen on a TV show
- -Previews include Sneaky Bastard getting fired by Eileen, someone taking pills, and the absence of Nick Jonas and Bernadette Peters.-News covers the charts for the Smash album on iTunes, the slightly dropped ratings for last week’s episode, and an EXTREMELY interesting blog titled “Smash: Fact or Fiction” [link].
Here’s a picture Mitch took in NYC of the SMASH advertisement in Times Square back in December ’11!
This episode's hosts: Mitchel Clow, Jessica O'Neal, Megan Stoll, John Thrasher
Hypable encourages the community to use our Comments feature to hold thoughtful, polite, and critical discussions. We do NOT tolerate inappropriate, rude, or downright mean discussion towards the news story's subject matter or towards other Hypable users. We reserve the right to delete or ban comments and users who violate these guidelines.