Back right off of the heels of Monday’s penultimate season 1 episode, Smash Chat 16 has arrived! This episode was a recorded skype call, as opposed to editing separate files-although there shouldn’t be too much of a difference!
-Glee Chat host John Thrasher makes his Smash Chat debut! He remarks how odd it is to take a back seat while Jess takes the reigns.
-The recap includes many a-topics, including:
- The awesome musical number Meg and Kat performed, titled “Smash”.
- Mitch’s multiple references to “Avenue Q” continue
- John makes a cool comparison between Eileen and Dumbledore from Harry Potter
- We all relate how dumb it was for Karen to not notice that anything was wrong with Dev
- Whodunnit? Who was the one that poisoned Rebecca’s precious smoothie?
- We suggest that Sneaky Bastard must have been hiding in the Julia/Michael almost kiss scene. Think: “Where’s Waldo?”
- Mitch and John bounce back and forth off each other about comparisons between Glee and Smash’s songs
- We all come to the conclusion that it’s stressful to have to read text on screen on a TV show
- -Previews include Sneaky Bastard getting fired by Eileen, someone taking pills, and the absence of Nick Jonas and Bernadette Peters.-News covers the charts for the Smash album on iTunes, the slightly dropped ratings for last week’s episode, and an EXTREMELY interesting blog titled “Smash: Fact or Fiction” [link].
Here’s a picture Mitch took in NYC of the SMASH advertisement in Times Square back in December ’11!
This episode's hosts: Mitchel Clow, Jessica O'Neal, Megan Stoll, John Thrasher