The latest episode of Hunger Games Chat is here, and it features a special discussion on The Hunger Games VS Japanese book/film Battle Royale.
This subject has come up on the show a few times since its inception, but never this in-depth. We also catch up on the latest news stories.
- In the United States, The Hunger Games is now the top grossing book to film adaptation ever.
- Francis Lawrence has closed his deal with Lionsgate to become the Catching Fire director.
- Why is Lionsgate searching for a new Catching Fire screenwriter?
- Our main discussion this episode is The Hunger Games VS Battle Royale.
- Richard provides us an overview of Battle Royale’s story if you haven’t seen it.
- DID Suzanne Collins steal any parts of the story? Did she even read or see it?
- Is this type of an idea for a story even original to begin with?
- Why The Hunger Games couldn’t do what Battle Royale did.
- Did Battle have too much violence?
- Are the settings very similar?
- We compare the themes in each. For example, Battle Royale is about survival while The Hunger Games is about rebellion.
- Which villain is scarier?
- And the biggest question: Which is the better film?
This episode's hosts: Andrew Sims, Richard Reid, Selina Wilken
Hypable encourages the community to use our Comments feature to hold thoughtful, polite, and critical discussions. We do NOT tolerate inappropriate, rude, or downright mean discussion towards the news story's subject matter or towards other Hypable users. We reserve the right to delete or ban comments and users who violate these guidelines.