The latest episode of Hunger Games Chat is here, and it features a special discussion on The Hunger Games VS Japanese book/film Battle Royale.
This subject has come up on the show a few times since its inception, but never this in-depth. We also catch up on the latest news stories.
- In the United States, The Hunger Games is now the top grossing book to film adaptation ever.
- Francis Lawrence has closed his deal with Lionsgate to become the Catching Fire director.
- Why is Lionsgate searching for a new Catching Fire screenwriter?
- Our main discussion this episode is The Hunger Games VS Battle Royale.
- Richard provides us an overview of Battle Royale’s story if you haven’t seen it.
- DID Suzanne Collins steal any parts of the story? Did she even read or see it?
- Is this type of an idea for a story even original to begin with?
- Why The Hunger Games couldn’t do what Battle Royale did.
- Did Battle have too much violence?
- Are the settings very similar?
- We compare the themes in each. For example, Battle Royale is about survival while The Hunger Games is about rebellion.
- Which villain is scarier?
- And the biggest question: Which is the better film?
This episode's hosts: Andrew Sims, Richard Reid, Selina Wilken