Our show is dedicated to in-depth discussion about the Doctor Who universe: show and cast commentary, filming locations, rumors, tie-in video games/other products, spin-off series and more.
Three of our regular hosts from around the globe are back on this episode. We cried massive buckets of tears, but we do have an awful lot of questions. We aren’t 100% sure we were fully satisfied. Hypable’s regular Doctor Who writer, Laura Byrne-Cristiano leads the discussion with Jen Lamoreux, and Natalie Fisher joining in.
- This episode we decided to do it a little differently and stick to the episode itself. We are saving a news discussion, spoilers, and mailbag for next week because we have so much episode specific ground to cover.
- After a brief recap, we start out with our instantaneous, gut reactions to the episode and we all agree it was emotionally gut wrenching, but we have a few problems such as why the Doctor couldn’t see Amy and Rory in say Philadelphia in 1947, or why we didn’t get to see Amy and Rory’s reaction at being reunited and knowing they’d never see the Doctor again.
- Next we proceed with discussing our favorite:
- quotes from the episode
- emotional moment in this episode
- companion departure episode of all time
-We proceed with an in-depth discussion of of many questions:
- Two theories on timelines: when and where are Rory and Amy past, present, and future
- Who tells Brian and what do they tell him?
- Is April 3, 1938 significant in the future
- What will be the end of the Ponds and will the Doctor have to tell Brian bad news?
- He has a time machine, can’t he solve this down the line?
- Since when are the angels also metal statues
- What is the current nature of the Doctor’s and River’s relationship? Are they mutually in love?
- Where did River get that vortex manipulator and is her timeline ending?
- Moving into our New York specific section
- Why a quay is a bit distracting and the geography doesn’t quite work out
- Bizarre traveling on the weirdest paths ever…TWICE!
- Make sure you read this entry on Doctor Who toys (warning possible spoilers) because we are talking about it next episode!
As we say in the show, our listeners are the most important thing to us. We want you hear from you. What do you want us to discuss?
You can also catch our hosts on Twitter:
This episode's hosts: Harri, Laura, Natalie, Jen