Our show is dedicated to in-depth discussion about the Doctor Who universe: show and cast commentary, filming locations, rumors, tie-in video games/other products, spin-off series and more.
Don’t worry if you are trying to stay spoiler free for the upcoming series. We even have a specially marked spoiler section with a little help from River Song herself so listeners can skip around that information if they wish.
Three of our regular hosts from around the globe are back on this episode. Generally speaking we liked the episode with a couple of reservations with the ending. Hypable’s regular Doctor Who writer, Laura Byrne-Cristiano leads the discussion with Jen Lamoreux, Natalie Fisher, and newbie guest host Tariq Herzallah joining in.
– We start out with our instantaneous, gut reactions to the episode and for the most part we like the episode despite the defeat of the Shakri seeming a bit rushed
– Next we proceed with discussing our favorite quotes from the episode
-After a brief plot summary we proceed with an in-depth discussion of:
- The comedy of the childish Doctor
- U.N.I.T. and it’s transformation to science. Is it the new Torchwood?
- Timelines again, but this time be think we have it about 90 % nailed down
- What will be the end of the Ponds and will the Doctor have to tell Brian bad news?
– Moving into our news we discuss
- Peter Jackson possibly directing an episode and do we think this plausible
- The unwritten rule that the Doctor and companion shouldn’t see each other romantically in real life
– Our spoilers cover:
- implications on what happens to the TARDIS during the Angels Take Manhattan episode
– Back from our spoilers we dive into our mailbag clarifying how people and Timelords age in Doctor Who and what we think of the every changing title sequences.
As we say in the show, our listeners are the most important thing to us. We want you hear from you. What do you want us to discuss?
You can also catch our hosts on Twitter: