Jon gets a wooden chair, Cersei gets the Iron Throne, but what kind of chair do other Game of Thrones characters get?
The Game of Thrones season 7 trailer arrived before winter! In it, we see Cersei, Daenerys, and Jon all make the slow walk to their respective thrones. It doesn’t sound like much, but each chair perfectly represents each character.
In King’s Landing, Cersei saunters up to the Iron Throne, dangerously sharp and all powerful. She’s garbed in the same glamorously dark and shimmering dress she wore during the Great Sept explosion at the end of season 6. Just as severe as we last saw her, Cersei looks like she’s ready to destroy whoever she needs to, for whatever reason she wants.
Across Westeros, Jon marches through Winterfell seeking a modest wooden chair in the throne room. It’s great to see Winterfell back in the hands of the Starks, and to see Jon is as humble as ever, opting for a basic chair instead of some ornate throne.
Finally, Dany storms the halls of Dragonstone to sit upon its stone throne. Dany’s seat in Dragonstone is particularly interesting. Dragonstone was colonized by Valyrians, serving as the original seat of the Targaryen house. Aegon the Conquerer planned his (mostly) successful seize of Westeros from Dragonstone, and it’s also where Dany was born and dubbed Daenerys Stormborn.
In more recent events, Stannis Baratheon took Dragonstone during Robert’s Rebellion, and was thusly dubbed Lord of Dragonstone by his brother, and newly entitled, King Robert.
Despite Dragonstone originally housing the heir apparent, Stannis hated it. He felt Robert was insulting him, as the land was dismal, certainly compared to Storm’s End, which went to Renly. It would seem Dany is not insulted by tradition, choosing to make home base here upon arrival in Westeros.
Each of these thrones perfectly represents these three characters, so what would kind of throne would fit other Game of Thrones characters?
- Robert Baratheon: A wine barrel
- Ramsay Bolton: Body parts
- Tywin Lannister: A porcelain throne
- Night’s King: A skeleton throne
- Bronn: A gold throne
- Arya Stark: A litter box
- Tyrion Lannister: A crate
- Joffrey Baratheon: A blade’s edge
- Bran Stark: Hodor’s back
- Sam Tarly: A stack of books
- Gendry: A canoe
- Tormund Giantsbane: Brienne’s lap
- Hodor: A throne of doorknobs
- Melisandre: A campfire
- Loras Tyrell: A throne of roses
- Khal Drogo: A giant horse
- Euron Greyjoy: A bridge
- Lyanna Mormont: A bear
- Tommen Baratheon: Pile of kittens
- Sandor Clegane: Drumstick throne
- Stannis Baratheon: A dictionary
- Davos Seaworth: Onion throne
- Lysa Arryn: A cloud
- Septa Unella: Throne of bells
- Margaery Tyrell: Any throne
- Robin Arryn: A boob throne
- Wun Wun: The Wall