Disney has announced a slew of scheduling changes, including release dates for Star Wars: Episode 9 and their live-action Lion King.
First and foremost, Star Wars Episode IX will be released May 24, 2019. It was previously expected December 2019, to follow the end-of-year release pattern set by 2015’s Force Awakens and this year’s Last Jedi.
The still-untitled Han Solo spinoff is currently set for release May 25, 2018, meaning that from Solo onward, it looks like all Star Wars films will be released in the summer (just like old times)!
Here’s what else is going on:
- A Wrinkle in Time: March 9, 2018 (previously set for April 2018)
- Wreck-It Ralph 2: November 21, 2018 (previously March 2018)
- Live-action Lion King (starring Beyoncé?!): July 19, 2019
- Frozen 2: November 27, 2019
- Indiana Jones 5: July 10, 2020 (previously July 2019)
In addition, Disney, Pixar, and Marvel have a bunch of flags on dates from 2020 to 2021:
- Untitled Disney live-action: April 3, 2020
- Untitled Marvel: August 7, 2020
- Untitled Disney animated: November 24, 2021
- Untitled Disney live-action: March 12, 2021
- Untitled Pixar: June 18, 2021
Here’s Disney’s complete slate of release dates as of April 25, 2017:
Everything old is new again!