Warner Brothers has announced the Fantastic Beasts DVD and Blu-ray release date and special features.
Fantastic Beasts will be released digitally on March 7, then on DVD and Blu-ray on March 28. What’ll you get besides the movie?
‘Fantastic Beasts’ DVD, Blu-ray special features
There are a couple of notable special features, including a documentary called “Before Harry Potter: A New Era of Magic Begins!” featuring J.K. Rowling. There are also 11 deleted scenes. The only other “special” features are a bunch of featurettes discussing various characters and settings.
- Before Harry Potter: A New Era of Magic Begins! Join J.K. Rowling as she, David Yates and David Heyman return to Leavesden Studios to build a new and exciting corner of the wizarding universe.
- Character featurettes: The Magizoologist, The Goldstein Sisters, The New Salemers, The No-Maj Baker, The President and the Auror
- Creature featurettes: Creatures, Meet the Fantastic Beasts, Bowtruckle, Demiguise, Erumpent, Niffler, Occamy, Thunderbird
- Design: Shaping the World of Fantastic Beasts (360°), New York City (360°), MACUSA (360°), Newt’s Magical Case (360°), The Shaw Banquet, The Blind Pig (360°)
- Deleted Scenes (11 scenes)
The digital edition of Fantastic Beasts will not include any of the special features, so we’ll have to wait until late March to get our hands on those deleted scenes (and we suspect many of them will be worth analyzing).
WB did not unveil a detailed list of deleted scenes, but we suspect they’ll leak once we get closer to the March release date as the studio seeks rating approvals.
Will you pick up ‘Fantastic Beasts’ on DVD/Blu-ray?
Or will you wait for that inevitable box set after all five movies are in theaters?