Last month Dylan O’Brien got in an accident on the set of The Maze Runner threequel The Death Cure.
The accident occurred only a few days after filming began on the new movie in Canada. Fox told Hypable in a statement that production would be paused while Dylan (who plays the lead character Thomas) recovers.
Today we have a bit of an update on his condition thanks to Giancarlo Esposito, who plays Jorge in The Maze Runner series. He spoke to Teen.com at last night’s premiere of Disney’s The Jungle Book:
“He’s healing very well. He got put together a couple of weeks ago… He’s one tough cookie,” he said to Teen. “He got his bell rung. I would imagine many who witnessed thought that was it… [But] he’s a survivor. The one good thing about Dylan that I think is going to help him get back on schedule with us very soon is he has a great attitude.”
Here are Dylan and Giancarlo at last year’s San Diego Comic-Con:
The public doesn’t know how much time Dylan O’Brien will need to fully recover, but all reports indicate that he will make a full recovery.
Said director Wes Ball on March 19, “I’m sorry for the grief this accident has caused his friends and family as well as my wonderful cast and crew. It’s scary seeing your friend get hurt, but fortunately, Dylan is going to be just fine. After a few weeks of rest and recovery he’ll be back up and running to finish our adventure together.”
The Maze Runner: The Death Cure is scheduled to open next February, but that release date may be pushed back depending on how long it takes for Dylan to get better.
We continue to wish the actor a speedy and healthy recovery!