After giving it a couple months of thought (and publicly debating the idea on his radio show), Howard Stern confirmed today that he’d return for a second season of America’s Got Talent.
The news was also confirmed Monday by NBC. “I’m very, very excited, honestly, about going back to America’s Got Talent,” he said. “I’m very excited to be working again with [executive producer] Simon Cowell and NBC and all the various folks who work there.”
One question still needing to be answered is who will be taking Sharon Osborne’s seat? She announced earlier this year that season 7 would be her last. Howie Mandel will be returning. In October Simon Cowell said he wanted Carmen Electra to take Osborne’s seat.
The show faced tough ratings competition over the summer when it had to compete with the London Olympics. The show’s schedule was frequently shifted around, much to the dismay and confusion of the viewers.
While his first season ran on NBC, Stern would excitedly take to the airwaves on SiriusXM and recap recent tapings and experiences he received through the talent competition. He always sounded passionate about what he was doing for the show, despite a few complaints about the traveling. We hope he’ll bring even more thrills to the show for this second run.