Sony Pictures has issued an official press release concerning The Amazing Spider-Man DVD/Blu-ray release date, which will hit stores November 9. The press release also includes the DVD/Blu-ray cover art.
Below you’ll find the official press release for The Amazing Spider-Man DVD/Blu-ray specifics, along with the official covert art. Check out a few behind-the-scenes clips that were released a few weeks back that delved a bit deeper into the film’s creation, specifically the sewer fight sequence, the school fight sequence and of course the post-credits scene which gave us a few clues as to who we’d be seeing as the villain in the film’s sequel.
One of the most beloved and iconic super heroes of all time reemerges in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, debuting on Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack, Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, DVD, and a Limited Edition Gift Set with collectible Spider-Man and Lizard figurines, all with UltraViolet™, on Friday, November 9th from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Presented for the first time in at-home 3D, THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN tells the story of teenage Peter Parker, who grapples with both high school and amazing super-human crises as his alter-ego Spider-Man battles The Lizard.
Directed by Marc Webb ((500) Days of Summer), THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN stars Andrew Garfield (The Social Network) as Peter Parker, a.k.a. Spider-Man, and Emma Stone (The Help) as Gwen Stacy. The film also features Rhys Ifans (Notting Hill) as Dr. Curt Connors, a.k.a. The Lizard, Denis Leary (TV’s Rescue Me) as Captain Stacy, Campbell Scott (TV’s Damages) as Richard Parker, and Irrfan Khan (Slumdog Millionaire) as Rajit Ratha. Rounding out the all-star cast are Martin Sheen (TV’s The West Wing) as Uncle Ben and two-time Academy Award winner for Best Actress, Sally Field (Norma Rae, 1979; Places in the Heart, 1984), as Aunt May.
• Disc One is a Blu-ray containing the feature film, as well as the “Amazing Spider-Man Second Screen App,” which can be used with the Sony Tablet™ S, Xperia Tablet™ S and iPad. The App syncs with the film as it plays in “Timeline” mode and features “Production” mode allowing users to “sling” content from their tablets to the TV screen for a greater and more interactive HD experience. Content includes interviews, storyboards, concept art, pre-visualization sequences, stunt rehearsals, and more.
• Disc Two is a Blu-ray featuring 90 minutes of behind-the-scenes documentaries, taking viewers behind the scenes of the development and direction of the film, casting, costumes, location shoots, visual effects, and more.
• Disc Three is a DVD that includes the feature film, as well as stunt rehearsals and deleted scenes, The Oscorp Archives, an image gallery featuring production art stills, and audio commentary with director Marc Webb, and producers Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach.
In addition to the three discs of content in the Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack, the Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack contains a fourth disc featuring the film in 3D. Exclusive to the Blu-ray 3D is also an image progression reel and the “3D 101 with Marc Webb” featurette, providing a look at the 3D techniques used for the film and allowing viewers to toggle through three scenes from the film at different levels of 3D.
The Limited Edition Gift Set, available at select retailers, comes with collectible Spider-Man and Lizard figurines, in addition to the 4-disc Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack.
Disc 1: 2D Blu-ray feature film
• The Amazing Spider-Man Second Screen App, including interviews, storyboards, alternate takes, costume tests, pre-visualization sequences and more. Allows you to “sling” content from your tablet to the TV.
Disc 2: 2D Blu-ray featuring 90 Minutes of Behind-the-Scenes Documentaries, including:
• Development and Direction
• On Location: LA
• On Stage: Sony Studios
• On Location: NY
• Post Production and Release
• 16 Pre-Visualization Sequences
Disc 3: DVD feature film
• Deleted Scenes
• Filmmaker Audio Commentary
• The Oscorp Archives – Production Art Gallery
• Stunt Rehearsals
All of the 3-Disc Combo Pack Special Features plus…
Disc 1: 3D Blu-ray
• 3D versions of the film
• 3D 101 with Director Marc Webb
• 3D Image Progression Reel
Disc 2: 2D Blu-ray feature film
Disc 3: 2D Blu-ray featuring 90 Minutes of Behind-the-Scenes Documentaries
Disc 4: DVD feature film
All of the 4-Disc Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack Special Features plus…
• Collectible Amazing Spider-Man Figurine
• Collectible Lizard Figurine
The Amazing Spider-Man opened in theaters July 3 to a strong showing and went on to generate $259.9 million domestically and $735.1 million worldwide. Essentially guaranteeing a sequel to the Spider-Man reboot starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone.
Will you be picking up your copy of The Amazing Spider-Man DVD/Blu-ray on November 9?
Game Of Thrones
Agents of SHIELD
The Vampire Diaries