The first full-length Divergent trailer will hit the internet this Wednesday, and Hypable had the chance to watch in advance of its public unveiling!
The new Divergent trailer will be attached to The Hunger Games: Catching Fire when it opens in theaters November 22 and is aimed at attracting dystopian-loving audiences.
Here are five things to know about the 2-minute, 30-second compilation…
1) The Aptitude Test. You’ll get our first look at Tris’ aptitude test in which she realizes that she’s in control of the simulation.
2) Four’s tattoos. The trailer spends a mouth-watering amount of time on Four’s back, and the male lead has an inspiring message about who he wants to be.
3) Jeanine. The character portrayed by Kate Winslet is seen throughout and warns Tris about the dangers of being Divergent.
4) The knives. Our first photographical look at the film depicted Tris standing up against a wall as Four threw knives at her, and this trailer will offer another big look at that critical scene.
5) The train. The fast-moving vehicles are Dauntless’ main method of transportation, and the jumps on and off the train are very present in the trailer. Above, see an exclusive still from the trailer in which we see Four helping Tris up into the train car. They’re sharing a brief moment early on in their relationship where sparks are starting to fly.
Overall, the new Divergent trailer lays out an easy to understand overview of the story and should ring in Catching Fire viewers who are interested in films about fighting the system.
Director Neil Burger will introduce the trailer in a live stream this Wednesday at 11:30 a.m. eastern in the Summit Screening Room on YouTube. We’ll share the trailer with you as soon as it’s released.
Divergent opens in theaters March 20, 2014.
Hypable encourages the community to use our Comments feature to hold thoughtful, polite, and critical discussions. We do NOT tolerate inappropriate, rude, or downright mean discussion towards the news story's subject matter or towards other Hypable users. We reserve the right to delete or ban comments and users who violate these guidelines.