According to the latest Star Wars: Episode VII rumors, we can add Saoirse Ronan to the list of actors who may be in the film. There’s also an “update” on both filming locations and Benedict Cumberbatch’s involvement.
Once again, the most recent rumors come from Latino Review. Recently, they’ve accurately nailed other major casting announcements, including Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
According to their sources, Saoirse Ronan has gone in to read for a part for Episode VII. They say they’ve known this for two weeks, but they’re finally releasing the information now because they’ve gotten it confirmed from several different sources.
While nothing is set in stone, the number of the sources they have suggests that Ronan probably has gone in. However, that doesn’t put her in a role.
It’s also unclear what role Ronan went in for. While it would be easy to guess that she could play the part of Han Solo (and assumedly Princess Leia)’s daughter, Latino Review also heard that there’s a female villain part too.
They don’t give any specifics, but Latino Review also strongly believes that Cumberbatch saying that he’s not in Star Wars: Episode VII is false, much like how he often denied playing Khan in Star Trek Into Darkness.
They say that not only will he be in Episode VII, but he’ll be in the next two installments as well. His part is apparently very small in the 2015 installment but will be much bigger in Episode VIII and Episode IX.
They also say that while 90% of the film will be shot in London (as assumed earlier), the remaining 10% will be shot in Las Cruces, New Mexico, along with Los Angeles, CA.
Latino Review has had some scoops recently, but they’ve also had some fall flat, so we certainly don’t know if these will turn out to be true or not.
Do you think Saoirse Ronan would make a good fit for ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’?
Hypable encourages the community to use our Comments feature to hold thoughtful, polite, and critical discussions. We do NOT tolerate inappropriate, rude, or downright mean discussion towards the news story's subject matter or towards other Hypable users. We reserve the right to delete or ban comments and users who violate these guidelines.