On the heels of a reputable rumor we shared with you yesterday, Summit today announced The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 Extended Edition!
The new DVD/Blu-ray set will include eight minutes of new footage selected by director Bill Condon, who spoke about today’s announcement in a press release. “As Twilight series devotees know, there was a lot of ground to cover in adapting Breaking Dawn to the screen,” said Condon. “Between the wedding, the honeymoon, the birth, and everything in between, naturally there were things that didn’t make it into our final cut. But I wanted to make sure that for all the Twihards out there, there was a chance to see some of these cut scenes – several of which are fan favorites from the book.”
Breaking Dawn – Part 1 Extended Edition will hit shelves in North America on March 2, 2013. According to yesterday’s leak on Amazon France, the following scenes will be included (rough French-to-English translation provided by Google):
- Revised opening scene with the Volturi
- Revision of the extended flashback of a young vampire Edward Cullen
- New scene during the honeymoon
- Two new scenes in the Cullen home
- Extended version of the fight scene between Edward/Jacob and the other werewolves
- New scene with Jacob the caregiver
Will you buy ‘Breaking Dawn – Part 1 Extended Edition’?
Watch the trailer for the Extended Edition below! (It auto-plays…sorry)