Facebook knows a lot about our lives whether we like it or not, so we believe them when they claim that Suzanne Collins’ The Hunger Games is the most-read book of 2012.
A very interesting list published by Facebook as part of their year-in-review reveals that Collins’ entire trilogy takes up the top three spots in the most-read list.
The release of The Hunger Games film certainly piqued the interest of pop culture cravers, and we suspect the books will reign supreme for another year or two as Catching Fire and Mockingjay get transferred to the big screen.
Meanwhile, E.L. James’ Fifty Shades of Grey came in as the fourth most-read of the year. Followed, surprisingly, by Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. We don’t have an explanation for why the book did so well but we’re thrilled to learn there are many new muggles coming on board the wizarding series.
Most Read Books of 2012:
1) The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) – Suzanne Collins
2) Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) – Suzanne Collins
3) Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) – Suzanne Collins
4) Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) -E.L. James
5) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (Harry Potter, #1) – J.K. Rowling
6) The Help – Kathryn Stockett
7) Twilight (Twilight, #1) – Stephenie Meyer
8) To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
9) The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
10) Water for Elephants – Sara Gruen
Hypable encourages the community to use our Comments feature to hold thoughtful, polite, and critical discussions. We do NOT tolerate inappropriate, rude, or downright mean discussion towards the news story's subject matter or towards other Hypable users. We reserve the right to delete or ban comments and users who violate these guidelines.