The Twilight Saga has many stats it can boast about given its great box office success. Here’s yet another one: The only film series with three films in the Top 10 opening weekend box office list.
Breaking Dawn – Part 2 opened with $141 million, surpassing Breaking Dawn – Part 1′s $138 million. It is the third Twilight film to break into the top ten weekend box office openers:
1) The Avengers ($207 million)
2) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 ($169 million)
3) The Dark Knight Rises ($160 million)
4) The Dark Knight ($158 million)
5) The Hunger Games ($152 million)
6) Spider-Man 3 ($151 million)
7) The Twilight Saga: New Moon ($142 million)
8) The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 ($141 million)
9) The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 ($138 million)
10) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest ($135 million)
Despite the impressive number, the final film in The Twilight Saga wasn’t able to beat New Moon’s opening weekend box office which was a peak for the series in 2009.
We’re still eager to hear which film you think is the best of The Twilight Saga. Visit our previous story to vote in our poll and help us get the definitive answer!
It’s yet to be seen just how well will Breaking Dawn – Part 2 will do in theaters over the next few weeks. The Thanksgiving holiday in the United States will certainly help boost the film’s numbers. Will you be seeing Breaking Dawn – Part 2 again to help the box office total?