As of today, all five Twilight films have been released. It’s the end of a sensational era.
So now it’s time for you to decide: Which one is the best?
While promoting this film during its Los Angeles world premiere on Monday, most of the cast were quick to say that The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 is the best of the five. Author Stephenie Meyer, however, told us that her favorite is New Moon.
Here is a quick break down of the film films, in case you forgot (ha!):
- Director: Catherine Hardwicke
- Release date: November 17, 2008
- Worldwide gross: $392.6 million
- Very basic plot: Bella is introduced to Edward, who she learns is a vampire. Unsure of who he is, they end up falling in love.
- Director: Chris Weitz
- Release date: November 20, 2009
- Worldwide gross: $709.8 million
- Very basic plot: Edward leaves Bella after Jasper attacks her. Jacob and Bella become close as Bella tries to come to grips with losing Edward. Edward is led to believe via one of Alice’s visions that Bella kills herself.
- Director: David Slade
- Release date: June 30, 2010
- Worldwide gross: $698.4 million
- Very basic plot: The love triangle continues as Jacob proclaims his love for Bella but Bella only sees him as a friend. Meanwhile, Victoria is reeking havoc in Seattle with a new group of vampires she has rounded up.
Breaking Dawn – Part 1
- Director: Bill Condon
- Release date: November 18, 2011
- Worldwide gross: $705 million
- Very basic plot: Edward and Bella get married, have sex for the first time, get pregnant. Bella almost dies from giving birth to Renesmee but Edward turns her into a vampire.
Breaking Dawn – Part 2
- Director: Bill Condon
- Release date: November 16, 2012
- Worldwide gross: TBD
- Very basic plot: Bella discovers her new life as a vampire, watches Renesmee grow rapidly, has to defend her daughter against the Volturi.
After you see Breaking Dawn – Part 2 in theaters, vote in the poll below. Which film is your favorite? Do also hit the comments to explain why you selected the film that you did. We’re eager to see the results and get a definitive decision from the fans!
Hypable encourages the community to use our Comments feature to hold thoughtful, polite, and critical discussions. We do NOT tolerate inappropriate, rude, or downright mean discussion towards the news story's subject matter or towards other Hypable users. We reserve the right to delete or ban comments and users who violate these guidelines.