Harry Potter: Page to Screen is an exhaustive look at the making of the Harry Potter film series. A new Limited Edition version has appeared on Amazon and, like the ever-so-special Wizard’s Collection, includes a high price tag.
The Limited Edition features “never-before-published art and text chronicling the making of the Harry Potter films.” It includes five brand new volumes that show “how the team designed locations, graphics, costumes, creatures, and special effects.” Also within is a “deluxe book of the paintings of Hogwarts along with a keepsake book chronicling the lasting relationships between cast and crew.”
What else will you find? A replica of The Monster Book of Monsters, five frame-able concept art prints, and of course the original Page to Screen book.
The complete product breakdown
- The Creature Shop Compendium: Flora and fauna from the Harry Potter films.
- Environments Envisioned: Building fantastic sets and scouting dramatic locations.
- A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, prints, and publications from the Harry Potter films.
- Movie Magic: Practical props and exciting effects.
- The Paintings of Hogwarts: Masterpieces from the school of witchcraft and wizardry sets.
- Ten Years Later: Life on set with the Harry Potter cast and crew.
- Wizard Wear and Muggle Attire: Costuming the world of Harry Potter.
As for the price, Amazon currently lists it at £552 which converts to $883. We have a feeling this is not the actual price, but you can bet that it will be high, given all of the material within this box. The original Page to Screen book currently retails brand new for over $100 on Amazon.
Only 3,000 copies will be made available, and at this time this product is only appearing in the Amazon U.K. store. It will be available December 4, 2012 – just in time for Christmas!
Thanks to Danny for the tip.
Hypable encourages the community to use our Comments feature to hold thoughtful, polite, and critical discussions. We do NOT tolerate inappropriate, rude, or downright mean discussion towards the news story's subject matter or towards other Hypable users. We reserve the right to delete or ban comments and users who violate these guidelines.