The official trailer for The Hunger Games DVD and Blu-ray has been released! It focuses mostly on the action, showing epic moments from throughout the film.
While the trailer presents no new footage or previews of bonus material, it’s interesting to see that they’ve chosen to show so much of the Games and the other tributes (previous trailers focused heavily on the District 12 and Capitol scenes, leaving the actual Games up to the imagination).
The two-disc set will have more than three hours of unreleased material such as interviews, insight into the making of the film and features about the differences between the book and the film. The set will also include an eight-part documentary entitled The World is Watching: Making of The Hunger Games, and the full-length propaganda film introducing the Hunger Games at the Reaping.
The DVD and Blu-ray will be released at midnight on August 18.
UPDATE: The complete feature breakdown is below:
· “The World is Watching: Making of The Hunger Games” – an eight-part documentary covering the “making of” the film in all aspects from the pre-production process all the way through the theatrical release and fan reactions
· “Game Maker: Suzanne Collins and The Hunger Games Phenomenon” featurette
· “Letters from the Rose Garden” featurette – insights from Donald Sutherland on the development of his role as President Snow
· “Controlling the Games” featurette – stories and concepts behind creating the control center
· “A Conversation with Gary Ross and Elvis Mitchell”
· Propaganda Film (in its entirety)
· Marketing Archive
· “Preparing for The Games: A Director’s Process” (Blu-ray Exclusive)
Hypable encourages the community to use our Comments feature to hold thoughtful, polite, and critical discussions. We do NOT tolerate inappropriate, rude, or downright mean discussion towards the news story's subject matter or towards other Hypable users. We reserve the right to delete or ban comments and users who violate these guidelines.