The upcoming musical Rock of Ages stars Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin, Russell Brand, and Catherine Zeta-Jones and is directed by Hairspray‘s Adam Shankman. Featuring music of classic rock singers and bands such as Journey, Foreigner, and Def Leppard, the soundtrack is now available for pre-order on iTunes!
The full album will be available to download on June 5. Additionally, you can immediately download the song Pour Some Sugar on Me as performed by Tom Cruise!
Below is the official press release, which includes the full track listing. You can watch the awesome trailer here. Are you as excited for Rock of Ages when it hits theaters on June 15 as we are?
LOS ANGELES, CA, MAY 15, 2012 - WaterTower Music is getting ready to rock on May 15, when the highly anticipated ROCK OF AGES: ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK becomes available for pre-order. And on iTunes, each soundtrack pre-order will come with an instant download of the song “Pour Some Sugar On Me,” as performed by Tom Cruise in the film. The track was mixed by Mike Shipley, who mixed the original version of the song.
Also on May 15 Vevo.com will debut the music video for “Anyway You Want It,” performed by Mary J. Blige, Constantine Maroulis and Julianne Hough; it features the movie cast and exclusive never-before-seen clips from the film.
The ROCK OF AGES: ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK will be released in its entirety June 5, 2012 and features hits from iconic rockers Def Leppard, Foreigner, Journey, Poison and others—reinvigorated for the film by a stellar cast including Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta, Russell Brand, Paul Giamatti, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Malin Akerman, and Mary J. Blige, with Alec Baldwin, and Tom Cruise as Stacee Jaxx.
Directed by Adam Shankman (Hairspray), New Line Cinema’s Rock of Ages is the film adaptation of the smash hit, five-time Tony Award-nominated Broadway musical which tells the story of small town girl Sherrie and city boy Drew, who meet on the Sunset Strip while pursuing their Hollywood dreams. Executive Music Producer Adam Anders (Glee) helps tell the rock ‘n’ roll romance through cast versions of heart-pounding hits that defined a generation.
The ROCK OF AGES: ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK features Tom Cruise as the larger-than-life, arena-rocking champ “Stacee Jaxx,” belting out Bon Jovi’s classic “Wanted Dead or Alive,” Def Leppard’s hit “Pour Some Sugar On Me,” and Guns ‘N Roses anthem “Paradise City.” Cruise also duets with Malin Akerman on Foreigner’s power ballad “I Want To Know What Love Is,” and shares the mic with Julianne Hough on The Scorpions’ “Rock You Like A Hurricane.”
The album also features an extraordinary medley of Night Ranger’s “Sister Christian,” David Lee Roth’s “Just Like Paradise,” and Poison’s “Nothin’ But A Good Time,” which features Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta, Russell Brand and Alec Baldwin.
Also echoing through the soundtrack are mash-ups of songs that ruled the airwaves in the `80s, including Foreigner’s “Juke Box Hero” / Joan Jett’s “I Love Rock ‘N Roll”; Extreme’s “More Than Words” / Warrant’s “Heaven”; Pat Benatar’s “Shadows Of The Night” / Quarterflash’s “Harden My Heart”; and Starship’s “We Built This City” woven into Twisted Sister’s “We’re Not Gonna Take It,” all performed by the film’s cast.
The full track list for the album is as follows:
1. “Paradise City” – Tom Cruise
2. “Sister Christian” / “Just Like Paradise” / “Nothin’ But A Good Time” – Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta, Russell Brand, Alec Baldwin
3. “Juke Box Hero” / “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll” – Diego Boneta, Alec Baldwin, Russell Brand, Julianne Hough
4. “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
5. “Waiting For A Girl Like You” – Diego Boneta, Julianne Hough
6. “More Than Words” / “Heaven” – Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta
7. “Wanted Dead Or Alive” – Tom Cruise, Julianne Hough
8. “I Want To Know What Love Is” – Tom Cruise, Malin Akerman
9. “I Wanna Rock” – Diego Boneta
10. “Pour Some Sugar On Me” – Tom Cruise
11. “Harden My Heart” – Julianne Hough, Mary J. Blige
12. “Shadows of the Night” / “Harden My Heart” – Mary J. Blige, Julianne Hough
13. “Here I Go Again” – Diego Boneta, Paul Giamatti, Julianne Hough, Mary J. Blige, Tom Cruise
14. “Can’t Fight This Feeling” – Russell Brand, Alec Baldwin
15. “Any Way You Want It” – Mary J. Blige, Constantine Maroulis, Julianne Hough
16. “Undercover Love” – Diego Boneta
17. “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” – Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta, Tom Cruise, Mary J. Blige
18. “Rock You Like A Hurricane” – Julianne Hough, Tom Cruise
19. “We Built This City” / “We’re Not Gonna Take It” – Russell Brand / Catherine Zeta-Jones
20. “Don’t Stop Believin’”- Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta, Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin, Russell Brand, Mary J. Blige
New Line Cinema’s Rock of Ages comes to the big screen on June 15, 2012, distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. The movie musical stars Julianne Hough (Burlesque), with actor/singer Diego Boneta in his feature film debut, Russell Brand (Arthur), Oscar® nominee Paul Giamatti (Cinderella Man), Academy Award® winner Catherine Zeta-Jones (Chicago), Malin Akerman (The Proposal), and R&B queen Mary J. Blige, with Oscar® nominees Alec Baldwin (The Cooler, TV’s 30 Rock) and Tom Cruise (Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, Magnolia, Jerry Maguire).
Shankman directed Rock of Ages from a screenplay by Justin Theroux and Chris D’Arienzo and Allan Loeb, based on D’Arienzo’s musical of the same name. Adam Anders and Peer Astrom composed the original score and produced the songs featured in the film. Rock of Ages is produced by Matthew Weaver, Scott Prisand, Carl Levin, Tobey Maguire, Garrett Grant and Jennifer Gibgot, with Toby Emmerich, Richard Brener, Michael Disco, Samuel J. Brown, Hillary Butorac Weaver, Janet Billig Rich, Shankman and D’Arienzo serving as executive producers.
To learn more about the film and soundtrack visit www.rockofagesmovie.com